Monday, 5 January 2015

L.A COLORS CHUNKY LIP Pencil

Hi Lovelies,

This post that I'm about to make should have been done ages ago.. but life has its ups and downs and many distractions in between and as with most people I'm just trying to sort out the chaos and bring myself to a point where their is more balance in my life..

CCL584 HOT PINK;CCL586 HOT RED; CCL598 LILAC; CCL588 WINE; CCL591 SPICE

     So enough reflective rambling, today I'm going to try and remedy this situation, so here is a quick look at a few of the L.A. COLOR CHUNKY LIP PENCIL I purchased awhile back, which is HOT PINK, HOT RED,  SPICE,WINE and  LILAC.
    These colours were bright and pigmented showed true to colour when applied, and to me they seemed to have the consistency of a typical creamy lipstick just packaged in the form of  chunky lip pencil. From the colours I chose I preferred Spice and Wine, besides I knew my younger cousin has a pink fetish and would gravitate to the lighter colours..


 The colours do stain the lips a bit and as you can see from the photo above one of the colours came broken in the packaging. As with most lip colour application it's advisable to use your favourite  moisturising lip balm to keep your lips feeling soft and hydrated because these do tend to feel  a bit drying after about an hour or so when applied by itself. I've used the colour Spice for work with  my fav lip balm beneath and it lasted fairly well on my lips.  It has a slight cocoa/vanilla scent no particular taste, in fact here is the L.A COLORS  description on the item:

"CHUNKY LIP PENCIL

SOFT, CREAMY FORMULA
CONVENIENT RETRACTABLE PENCIL
18 VANILLA SCENTED SHADES!

Soft, creamy formula glides on smooth and moisturizes delicate lips while delivering gorgeious intense color. The perfect combination of a lipstick and lipgloss in a convenient retractable pencil- just twist and apply! 18 vanilla scented shades give lips a burst of color, from subtle nudes to bold brights."

So for me it was a worthwhile buy, it cost TTD$15.( had a lower price point than both the Revlon and Jordana) at the time of purchase,and also a wide enough range of colours to suit most skin tones. This will be a definite repurchase especially to try out a few of the darker colours.

Hoping you all have 
a beautiful and inspiring 
week
XOX

PS:To those who celebrated the new year may the resolutions you set be successful and  your journey peaceful and enlightening, as for myself as I go through my own journey and changes I've chosen  to celebrate my new year with the governmental new year which seems to fall in line with the ethiopean or mayan calender..who knows maybe with this tactic my finances will improve to please me;c)




No comments:

Post a Comment