Saturday, 6 April 2013

Oil La Santé

This is one month of usage

Hi my lovelies,

In a post I made awhile back, I wrote of my need to get an alternative night time skin moisturizer and I've been on the hunt looking at various product and how they work on the skin..there were a few good stuff available locally, but more choices online. I wanted something easily available and within a similar price range to the Clean and Clear Night (which was approxTTD.$44.), so while viewing one of our local Youtuber named Danielle,back in February she spoke of her skincare regimen using oils to moisturise and balance her skin, and her choice of oils were between coconut oil & olive oil but you need to check out her skin care video to see how well these products work for her (SHE HAS LOVELY SKIN), and is also a makeup artist, so to view the specific video  CLICK HERE, her channel is called BlankCanvasMakeup 
   
So while in Port of Spain hanging out with my very good friend and speaking about skincare, vitamins and stuff, I stepped into a pharmacy and while waiting to cash I saw this product lined up next to the Bio Oil and decided to step out of the line to read its description

It claims are:-

  •  Formulated for all skin types
  • Helps smooth the skin
  • Moisturises & protects
  • Restores the skin's natural balance
Oil La Santé is the experts' skincare solution to reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks and ageing skin. Its formula moisturises and soothes. For optimum protection, it is enriched with antioxidant and anti-pollutant agents.


Oil La Santé contains the unique ingredient

  • PurCellin Oil
  • Vitamin A & E
  • Calendula
  • Lavender
  • Rosemary
  • Chamomile Oils
Contain no preservatives.It is suitable for all skin types. It is non-greasy and non-staining.

      So this bottle of oil was supposed to do all these fantastic things and still find a way to assist with balancing my skin (cool). Generally I'm a sceptic and the fact that it was lined up next to the Bio Oil and seemed to "tout" similar properties. I thought it would probably be inferior in performance but I did like the price. The pricing  was drastically different from the Bio Oil which came in various sizes and the price range I saw at the pharmacy was above TTD $100. Anyway the Oil la Santé came in one size and was priced at TTD$60.40, so I bought two and gave one to my friend, who was waiting outside and asked her to give me her feedback on the item due to the fact that she had already tried the Bio Oil recently.
      When I checked my friend a month later,(she has dry skin), she preferred the Bio Oil for her skin type due to the fact that the texture of the oil was heavier in consistency and remained on her skin longer giving her face a dewy appearance, while the Oil La Santé felt silky and lighter(less oily) and but did not seem to hydrate her skin as much, but would need to use it longer to see how it worked on her scars and stretch marks.
      I also used this item for the past month and I have combination skin (oily/ normal) and the oily areas of my skin where the pores were very noticeable, seemed to appear smaller along my forehead and along the skin that slants away from the side of my nose to the cheek area appeared smaller, but is still noticeable, the oiliness is still apparent but I have noticed a difference in my skin texture. When applied the oil absorbed very easily into my skin and left it feeling moisturized but not oily, my skin also appeared more even toned, and I really do enjoy massaging this oil into my skin.
     In my experience the product has shown itself to be working for me, and is easily available locally, unfortunately when I checked online, its Facebook page seems little used and not updated and the website www.lamarnatural.com which is written on the box, does not show this product in their lineup...
 My plan was to try the Bio Oil just to state the differences from my own experience, but while shopping at Pennywise yesterday I observed the Oil La Santé 

  1.  The oil to be cheaper than at the pharmacy and  
  2. They had it packaged together in a special...



So you can guess what I did..

Links to purchase this product online:-

iHeal.co.za

Alibaba.com

Hope this little review/experience will help anyone who ever saw this product and wondered?!!
Enjoy your weekend everyone
(-_-)
XOX

14 comments:

  1. Oh I was meaning to try the Bio oil for some of my stretch marks. Thanks for sharing. Oh and I love BlankCanvas vids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi, goodluck with the oil, stretchmarks or any marks can be a pain (really meaning tedious) to remove!! I enjoyed viewing BlankCanvas skin care regimen due to its simplicity and she really got me when she mentioned that her combination skin was now normal!So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Ana I'm Shonaal Lulla, CEO of L'Amar Natural Products - I was really happy to read your review of Oil La Sante and appreciate that you tried our product and gave it a fair chance :) It's positive experiences and appreciation from consumers like yourself that motivates us to keep improving our products apart from launching many new products every year .We make Oil La Sante with the finest French Oils and our product quality is unmatchable !

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a Merry Xmas and a wonderful 2014 ! Cheers Shonaal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Xin, thank you for the comment, I still continue to use it and gave one to my stepmom and my dad took it and started using it for himself. Hope you have a beautiful and uplifting New Year<33

    ReplyDelete
  6. this product really worked for me and is still working , my daughter tries it also it is working for her but not with quick results as i am getting , maybe different skin types get different results in different time, but it really works , i tried all types of skin lightening creams and creams to remove marks but this is the best .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it seems to work faster with fading old acne scars when I "remember" to exfoliate, seems to sink into the skin better..

      Delete
    2. Do you have to take any precautions re: exposure to the sun as a result of using this product?

      Delete
    3. Hi, I usually try to use a sunscreen daily,but the days I don't I just get a regular tan due to our tropical climate, but not a re-appearance of old scars or marks. I think gentle exfoliation combined with the use of this oil has helped my skin greatly :)

      Delete
  7. Hi all...OK so I have used the bio oil on my entire body including my stretch marks and it has lightened and evened my skin however it has lightened my stretch marks as well which is not good because it became more visible .I do have darks spots on my legs and injury scars and I am seeking a product to alleviate all scars ..plz help

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kay,
    I have not got around to using the Bio Oil on myself, but a couple of my friends who prefer the use of "known" brands versus my sometimes inquisitive experiments.. there skin have also shown great improvements, you may need to do spot treatments or add some form of gentle exfoliation to really see the marks fade. It can sometimes be a gradual process because you're usually working with the old skin cell sloughing of to be replaced with the regenerated "newer" skin. Hope this helps, and sorry for the late response :)

    ReplyDelete