Tuesday, 30 April 2013

L.A. Colors Lip Gloss - jellie, shimmer, sparkle..

L to R: sprinkle,tangy,juicy,nude,sparkling..

Hello again Lovlies,
     The month of April has come to an end, 
and Wonderful World is having a semi annual sale, around this time you can get handbag ,hats, scarves, costume jewelry and other cosmetic accessories as well as in some branches lingerie items at discounted prices...for me it was time for stocking up on bras.
     So while fluttering around the store I came across these "pretty" looking lip glosses and thought I would try a few, they cost TTD$10. which is the usual price for most lower end lip gloss in T&T, below is a look at how they swatch..

L to R: sprinkle,tangy,juicy,nude,sparkling..

According to the description at L.A Colors they are supposed to give..

"NATURAL SHINE
LIGHT SWEET SCENT
SILKY SMOOTH APPLICATION

Jellie, Shimmer, and Sparkle lip gloss leaves lips with a soft natural shine. Sticky free formula with a light sweet scent glistens lips with a burst of colour. Discover your favourite shade for every mood!"

This is how they showed up on my lips..
CLG 993 SPRINKLE
CLG 987 TANGY
CLG 979 JUICY
CLG 983 NUDE
CLG 997 SPARKLING
My Thoughts
Pros:

  • The gloss was definitely not sticky and did not at any time feel gritty on the lips ( especially the shimmers and sparkle). 
  • The scent reminded me of bubble gum, the kind that had the syrup flavoured centre (just can't remember the name..), which I personally liked.
  • It did leave my lips feeling moisturised.


Cons

  • The packaging was simple and the flowers are stickers that will eventually peel off with continued use and while opening the sprinkle gloss the cap along with the base lifted up when twisting to  close
  •  The colours I got were pretty nice but not strongly pigmented at least not on my lips.
     This is an item that is new to L.A Colors lip gloss collection and is probably geared towards teenagers,or makeup beginners, but would also suit ladies that like the simple look of lip glosses at an affordable price. For my use, I like this.. its not the best buy on the market but it is not a fail either!

Anyway hope everyone is having a great week
toodles!
(>.<)
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment