Friday, 22 February 2013

CLEAR: Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy


Hi lovely people, just thought I'd share my thoughts on a product I decided to give a try
      I've been seeing this product advertising a lot on cable, and did not give it much thought until my usual month end venture into Pennywise where it was on display, at the shampoo section. The  sales rep was busy speaking of its virtues to another customer who was interested in one of the full size bottle ...she had also seen the commercial on TV..
     Anyway this is a sulfate shampoo, and seems to have a lot of mixed reviews, but here's my experience with it.

       This sample/travel size item came with 2 shampoos, 1 conditioner
 I don't have dandruff or an itchy scalp, just had a bit of shedding and was planning to do a tea rinse eventually..









Shampoo

Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethiconol, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Zinc Pyrithione, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Sodium Isethionate, Poloxamer 407, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PPG-9, PEG-9M, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Conditioner
Ingredients
Water (aqua), cetearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), behentrimonium chloride, dipropylene glycol, lactic acid, zinc pyrithione, DMDM hydantoin, zinc sulfate, sodium chloride, TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, panthenol, lysine HCl, hydrogenated coconut oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, glycerin, , Methylisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Red 33 (CI 17200)


Thoughts
 I like the fresh scent of this product, and it smelled great in my hair!
 It did lather quite well and my hair felt clean and not overly stripped.
The conditioner did have some slip to it, so it worked very well in my hair for de-tangling.
 My intial experience.. hair was air dried and because I had to rush off to work, did not have the available time to apply moisturiser and sealant (just a quick towel dry and wig placement) until I returned from work that night..my hair felt soft ..  my hair is coarse in texture and usually dry out quickly
Today as I'm posting this, I've had four uses..no complaints..

Would I repurchase?...Yes, I would like to try the Clear Ultra Shea
Would I make it my staple product?..Hmm if it came in an economical size jar like Tresemme, but I'm slowly gravitating towards sulfate-free or even natural products once they're easily available.
Did I experience excessive shedding? No, nothing more that I usually get after de-tangling.





Note
Sulfates are surfactants  which in simple words are detergents (it creates the suds in your shampoo) that are used in shampoos to help cleanse the hair.

Here are some examples of sulfates:
Considered Harsh in a moisturising shampoo but effective for Clarifying

  •   Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
  •  Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Considered to be Strong but can balance out well if other moisturising ingredients are present

  •  Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Considered to be mild and is much preferred for those desiring a gentle shampoo 

  • Sodium Myreth 
  • Tricedeth Sulfates

Happy Weekend Everyone!
(^.^)
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment