Friday, 25 January 2013

A Look at Sacha Face Primer and Mattifier


     Hi, Its been awhile since I've done any serious posting but, a week ago I stopped off at Pennywise to get a few items one of which was the Sacha Face Primer Mattifier and I've been trying it out for approximately a week now with and without basic foundation and just thought that I would share my thought on this old/new repackaged and reformulated  product from Sacha.



So previously it was called the Sacha Mattifier (was also sold to me as a possible primer) and came in a smaller tube like jar with a doe foot applicator. Link
Now its available in a convenient squeeze type container with a screw cap which has been reformulated and contains more product and is officially named as a primer hence Sacha Face Primer Mattifier 


Its Purpose

A lightweight mattifier and face primer. Absorbs excess oils,smoothes skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores.
Apply over your entire face or T-zone
Can be worn alone or under foundation.
Dries invisible

Ingredients (previous): water, stearic acid, propylene glycol, zea mays,cyclomethicone, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, perfume, propyl paraben.

Ingredients (present)water, stearic acid, propylene glycol, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, corn starch, triethanolamine, cyclomethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Perfume, DMDM Hydantoin.


To me
  • It still has the light floral scent
  • has a creamy but slightly waxy texture
  • comes out white but melts/absorbs unto skin without residue
  • is lightweight so you don't get that "coated" feel like you have something on your face
  • still works well at controlling shine as its name implies 
  • you don't need much
Overall, I enjoyed using the product and had no breakouts...did not notice much difference with my pore size, but its readily available, and affordable
paid TT$44.95

Is available to online users on the SACHA web page for $30.00

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmnn. Didn't know Sacha made primers. Im only now getting into them since discovering that Milk of Magnesia is very high in alkaline and throws off the skin's ph balance so I no longer use it. I own one from Mary Kay but its kinda bleh to me. Ill check this out, too bad it does nothing for pores tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry for the late response :/ , but yeah it works pretty well otherwise, so good luck and I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete