Monday, 1 October 2012

Fighting the "oilies"


     I have really been fascinated with trying out items that are able to control my oily T-zone and while browsing around Wonderful World I decided to try out Ruby Kisses HD SETn'FORGT setting powder..according to the packaging its supposed to give 16hrs flawless rub proof wear

I like the packaging, no worries of the product spilling all over and you can shake only what you want to use


     Honestly speaking this item works amazingly well, it applies on smoothly and seems to blur out my large pore spaces along the sides of my nose.When applied on top of my foundation there is no problem of "melting" and my blush remains intact. They have at least four shades, one of which is a Banana shade which has been compared to the Ben Nye luxury powder in Banana that Kim Kadashian makeup artist has made famous for use of setting her under eye concealer, unfortunately none was available at the time...



     Another favorite of mine is the NYX Shine Killer in SK01,  according to its packaging its a "Professional potion to eliminate the look of oil and shine so your face stays matte and fresh all day long"
Ingredientes: Dimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate

Its 20ml and Cruelty Free (-_-)..no animals harmed.

This product is clear gel which disappears into the skin quickly when applied leaving a smooth matte surface to apply your foundation. You don't feel it on your skin, instead all you see is the result and your skin can breathe..totally lightweight and non-oily!
Really enjoying this one.

The rice powder comes in four sizes and you don't need to cake it on to get the full effects

My third oil control favourite is the Halener Rustique rice powder, this can be applied to skin without a foundation for a matte appearance or after you apply your foundation..
I have been using the black opal oil control powder for years now and yes it does its thing but this little powder out performs it on my skin...and that is saying a lot ~because I do not live nor work in an air conditioned environment!~

You just need a little and although the powder is white, it is very finely milled and blends into your skin without giving you that "ashy/ghostly" appearance.

So these have been my favourite oil control products of late.
Hoping everyone has a blessed week ahead :c)

N.B
If you wan to try the items mentioned they can be found at:
http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/
http://www.rubykissescosmetics.com/
http://www.facebook.com/halenerrustique

or locally you can get the first two items at Wonderful World

4 comments:

  1. Schaut gut aus...

    Lieben Gruß und Sonnenschein
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cloudy,and it really works!
    Keep good<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hello Ana! I dont know why ur blog posts dont show up in my feed! anyway i love this post! so informative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, its like that with some of my subscriptions :(
    no worry:)

    ReplyDelete