Saturday, 14 July 2012

Juicing your way to better Health

Pear,celery stalk,ginger,carrot,apple : no matter how powerful your juicer it is still a good idea to cut the
produce into smaller pieces

      Its been a hectic week with changes to my work hours, to the new people I work with and with catching up with my school life, so mid week I decided to get myself a juicer and strange enough when you make up your mind to do something the universe actually hears you.. while in a quick rush to get a few items while passing out front by R.I.K. bookstore on their display, they had this wonderful book on  show.....
"Juices & Smoothies-over  160 Healthy, Refreshing and Irresistible Drinks and Blends" written by Suzannah Olivier and Joanna Farrow...this book was serious "universal" luck on my part because the guy said it was the last one____who knows?!!

I'm loving this book my blender is also being put to use!

     This book covers recipes you can make with your juicer,blender or food processor and although I have only had it for a few days I've been really enjoying it.
As for my juicer Before I invested in this one Oster (600watts), I had the regular Oster 350 watts juicer but as I became more interested in my health I started doing some serious research and reading of reviews and in the centrifugal juicer, the Breville seems to stand out *which by the way is not sold in "Trinbago" to my knowledge?!!* followed by the Juiceman (sold at Trincity mall at Well Fit World), Waring Pro(supplied once at PriceSmart) and Jack Lalaine( supplied once at PriceSmart and presently available at "independently owned" variety shops locally.
The more wattage supposedly mean the more powerful and if you are planning to juice everyday it's supposed to be a good investment
The masticating juicer is something you would probably need to purchase online if it in your price range, the major difference between a centrifugal juicer and the masticating juicer :
Centrifugal juicers tends to work faster and shred juicier fruits and vegetables from their pulp giving you a concentrated drink that has lots of nutrients especially if drunk right after juicing (with no water added as in a blender)  unfortunately it oxidises faster which causes certain nutrients to be loss over a 48hr period
Masticating juicers are more high tech, and tend to work well with both grainy,leafy and juicy fruits and vegetables, it works a little slower than centrifugal juicers as there are two processes taking place, firstly the crush/chop the items up then force the pulp through a mesh to get the juices out, so less oxidation takes place (oxygen breaks down nutrients faster).

So if you feel the need to increase your energy, or you're recovering from an illness or are actually ill and have lost your appetite and are restricted to a certain diet try including  fresh juices or even smoothies into your life, for me it takes less time than preparing a meal and the variety of fruits and vegetables included is like a whole meal on the go...


N.B.
Fresh fruit juices usually function to clean out your system, while vegetables tend to rebuild or regenerate cells and if you are fortunate to have organically grown fresh produce you are already on the right track to healthy living! toodles ;c) 


2 comments:

  1. Oh ja, einen Vitamin Trunk kann ich jetzt auch gut gebrauchen...

    Lieben Gruß
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cloudy,so glad you liked it, hope you try the ingredients in the picture above, you can add beets and lecithin powder and your energy level will be amazing!!
    Stay Blessed
    xox

    ReplyDelete