Thursday, 24 May 2012

NYX matte lipstick

(l) MLS06 Summer Breeze; (r)MLS02 Shocking Pink
lip liner 859 edge pink,823 earth tone,817 hot red,858 nude pink
 
 I finally decided to venture further afield to Long Circular mall to try out their NYX booth, admittedly there was a major price difference with the NYX round lipsticks, than my usual "lip smackers", but learning about new things always require stepping out of your comfort zone...so while there I did appreciate the variety and convenience of the booth, plus the sales person was very helpful.

      My purchases revolved around a few lip pencils and thought I would give their matte lip sticks a try, one in Shocking Pink and the other was Summer breeze, after reading a recent review... I honestly love the texture of both, but the colour for Summer breeze was just a bit to pale for my lips,and looked almost "Barbie doll" pink, but the Shocking Pink, which had a fuchsia tone was just right for me.


    Longevity... unless it states 24hrs, a  matte colour usually last me three to four hours,so if I'm busy snacking, which for me causes smearing and fading, I know I definitely need to touch up. I guess its truly dependant upon the woman, as with most matte lipsticks you need to exfoliate, apply a lip balm/vitamin E to moisturise your lip and apply lip liner for a smooth finish and oh yeah... what I liked about this lipstick was the fact that I had no staining of my lips...which gets me fussy about ingredients!!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Ana! I have summer breeze and I love how it applies and the colour but I have to agree with you that it is a bit too barbie pink for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi, thats so true it applies beautifully!!I did read your post and the color is quite flattering to your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete