Saturday, 18 February 2012

HAIR CITY mini haul = c )

   
     There is a relatively new store near the end of Henry street, after Churches Chicken walking up on your right from the Lara Promenade side. At first I thought it was just another hair store, of recent so many of them have been opening up in Port of Spain area .. after all it was called HAIR CITY  but upon entering the store I realised they also had a few affordable items such as ladies hair accessories, a variety of fade creams, Mizani hair products,OPI nail polishes and a few cosmetic items, but what really caught my eye was there selections of gel.
This was the largest jar

     I have natural afro-kinky hair and I'm always trying to think up of natural styles than the usual twist, cane row(corn rows) as its called in" Trinbago " don't get me wrong_ I will still rock a wig or weave occasionally_ so imagine my grand shock upon seeing Eco Styler Gel available here in T&T, but after  getting over my surprise I realized that the ones available at the time were the clear Krystal Eco Styler and the Protein Eco Styler gel in black. The sales girl said they had the Olive Oil version but it sold out like hot bread ...seems a lot of" trini" are rocking with the same notion as myself... twist out and may be a wash'n go if my hair is willing! This gel is supposed to be alcohol free, flake free, non tacky, and anti-itch it comes with different strength in terms of "Hold" specific to what you want done to your hair, besides the three I mentioned there is the one with Argon Oil, a blue(for colour treated hair), a pink(firm hold) and a yellow one(extra firm hold).
NYX Eyeshadow base $42. TT

     Besides that, I also came across some NYX products such as the lipsticks,eyebrow pencils, eye shadow bases and even the NYX HD eye primer. So I picked the eye shadow bases in white, the nude I did not rush as I already had the Sacha eye primer in caramel which seems to function as a base as well.They had a nice selection of nail polishes but I opted for two crackle nail polishes to see for myself what the fuss  was all about.. as I've said before I'm really simple with my nails.
(L) MMX11 40Supernatural price $20.TT; Black CK1 $30.TT(R)

      The black from Mia Secret started to crackle as soon as it touched my nail polish it was really fascinating to watch, while the 2012 max makeup CHERIMOYA took a fraction longer but did come through pretty nicely.

      n.b. I am not a professional by any means but i just wanted to show the differences in the crackle from both products so you can judge for yourself what is preferable to you.

This is the Supernatural applied on a white as well as black nail polish,
both are by L.A Colors

This was the Black CK1 applied to the white L.A Colors polish and Jordana
nail polish called Orangesicle 943

2 comments:

  1. great find! you know me i love my polish and my makeup so if i'm in POS soon i will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete